Every home with a boiler should have a annual Boiler Service to make sure that the boiler is working correctly. It will defiantly effect the life of your Boiler Central Heating system. A annual boiler service will also prevent boiler breakdowns.
Here is a list of the Boiler Service checks that should be made on when you have your boiler service done right.
- Visual check of the Boiler and flame.
- Diagnostic tests on the Boiler System.
- Check the Flue [internal/external].
- Check the operating pressure.
- Remove Boiler Casing to check all main boiler parts including Burner, Heat Exchanger, Main Injector Spark and Main injector Probe.
- Check the pipework inside the Boiler and the pipework leading into the boiler.
- The boiler will be fired safely to identify any faulty parts of the boiler.
- If you have a Chimney, it will need to be check once a year for any blockages [such as debris and birds nests]. This can prevent dangerous fumes for escaping into your home.
- Boiler parts will be cleaned if necessary.
What happens if you have a unsafe boiler?
When a Gas Engineers checks an unsafe Boiler, they will need to follow the Gas Industry Unsafe Situation Procedure [GIUSP].
You should get a full Boiler Service Report identifying all works done and details of the current Boiler condition in the report.
An annual Boiler Service will prevent future breakdowns by fixing any problems before they effect your home.
Also check to see if your boiler engineer is on the Gas Safe Register.
Here are a list of the top Boiler brands in the UK
Worcester Bosh Boiler, Vaillant Boiler, Vaxi Boiler, Ideal Boiler, Glow Worm Boiler, Potterton Boiler, Vokera Boiler, Alpha Boiler, Baxi Boiler, Ferroli Boiler, Ravenheat Boiler, Worcester Bosh Boiler
The Boiler Systems you may be using in your home in the UK
Biomass Boiler, Condenser Boiler, Gas Boiler, Combi Boiler, Electric Boiler, System Boiler