WHAT IS A GAS SAFETY CERTIFICATE (CP12)
The Gas safety Certificate (CP12) is the form that a Gas Safe Registered engineer supplies to a landlord once all gas appliances have been checked, are working efficiently and safely in the landlords property.
HOW LONG WILL MY GAS SAFETY CERTIFICATE (CP12) LAST
These checks on the property must be completed every 12 months. It is good practise to have this check done after a tenant has moved out of the property to ensure that the property is in the very best condition before a new tenant rents the property
WHAT WILL YOU GET FOR YOUR GAS SAFETY CERTIFICATE (CP12)
- All of your gas appliances will be checked for gas tightness.
- All test points that are available, working and standing pressure will be tested.
- The Gas Safe registered engineer will check the burner pressure and the gas rate against the manufacturers’ data plate.
- Checks are carried out for the safe provision of necessary flue ventilation.
- Flue flow will be tested to make sure that any products of combustion are removed.
- Flame failure devices will be fully checked for satisfactory operation.
- Checks will be made for physical stability, presence and the effectiveness of stability brackets.
- Investigations for any noticeable evidence of unsafe gas operations will be made and reported.
- WHAT ELSE AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR AS A LANDLORD
As the landlord of a property, there are several other gas related things that you are responsible for:
You are responsible for the maintenance of the pipework, Gas appliances, chimney and any flues that may need to be maintained and safe. Theses items should be serviced and maintained in accordance with manufactures instructions. If you do not have the manufactures instructions, you can contact a local Gas Safe registered engineer to service the them annually.
As a new tenant starts their tenancy you should supply them with a record of the annual gas safety check within 28 days of completion or immediately if possible.
Note that if a tenant supplies their own gas appliance that you have not provided for them, you are not responsible for the Gas safety of this product only for the maintenance of the Gas pipework connected to the appliance.